SSTC Tournament Rules
- NCAA Rule modifications only:
- 2 - 22 stop time periods
- Minor penalties are 1.5 minutes.
- Fighting - Out for the remainder of the tournament. (No money back)
- Line changes will be at the discretion of the coach.
- Each team is allowed one time out per. game
- No Checking Mites and Squirts.
- No hybrid icing.
- Line changes are allowed during icings.
Slap Shots: Are waist high: Discretion of the Reff.
Penalty for a Slap Shot: If a slap shot occurs from above the waist: The whistle will immediately call the play dead. The ensuing face of will be @ the defensive end. Just like Icing.
Icing: IS from the Red line.
Two (2) Divisions East and West. Each division will have Two Brackets of three (3)
1) Each team will play 3 opposite bracket games in their division. During those games a team will be awarded a point for each half won and a 1/2 point for a tie in a half and '0' points for a lost half. One point will be awarded for a win, “1/2” point for a tie and “0” points for a loss. There will be NO overtime during cross bracket play.
2) The player minimum rule. Each team is required to have 13 players 1 goalie mandatory for all games.
Consequence: 1 point deduction for the first game: 2 Point deduction for 2nd game. 3point deduction for 3rd game. 4 point deduction for 4th game. If a team is still able to advance to the playoff round and shows up for the playoff game not meeting the 13 player rule the game will still be played but a forfeit is assed to that team. Rosters are open to all players from their respective town provided they were placed on the original roster prior to the start of the tournament.
3) The team listed first on the official schedule shall be the “Home” team.
4) The top 3 teams with the highest point total from each division (East & West) shall advance to the Championship Rounds.
5) In the event that 2 or more Divisional teams are tied with points, the following will determine the teams to play in the Championship round.
Tie Breaker Rules:
A) Head to head competition.
B) Most Wins.
C) Goal Differential (8 goal max per game)
C) Least amount of penalty minutes.
D) Coin flip.
Semi Finals and Finals:
In case of a tie game: A sudden death format will go as follows:
- First 5 minutes: 3 vs. 3
- Second 5 Minutes: 2 vs. 2
- Third 5 Minutes: 1 vs. 1 Until someone scores.
- A eight goal differential will only be posted on the score board.
- "Running" time will be used for games with a 8-goal spread. The clock will revert back to "stop" time if the losing team cuts the lead down to 5 goals or less.
- 2 - 22 stop time periods.
# 1 East and #1 West Seeds get a buy to the Semi finals
Quarter Final: #2 East Seed vs. #3 West Seed
Quarter Final: #2 West Seed vs. #3 East Seed
Semi Final: #1 East Seed plays the The lowest seed not from the same Division
Semi Final: #1 West Seed plays the The lowest seed not from the same Division
Final: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2
7th place: 4th East vs. 4th West
9th place: 5th East vs. 5th West
11th place: 6th East vs. 6th West
- The losing teams in the quarter and semi-finals’ overall placement will be determined by their total points in the cross bracket format. If tied the tie breaker rules apply.